The archives at Himdag Ki: holds a growing research collection of books, periodicals, maps, media and photographs regarding the O’odham. It is non-circulating and open to the public during museum hours. Access is provided as appropriate. It is best to call or email the department for an appointment.
The Archival Holdings of the Venito Garcia Library and Archive
In 2010, the archival holdings of the Venito Garcia Library & Archive (a unit of the Nation’s Department of Education) were transferred to the Himdag Ki: Archive for long-term preservation. Himdag Ki: has the state-of-the-art system to control the environment, to provide extended fire protection and security features, and to secure the archives in a limited access repository.
Other holdings include:
- Papago/Tohono O’odham Nation Rodeo programs
- Papers of Jose Lewis
- School Yearbooks
- Theses/Dissertations on O’odham related topics
- O’odham Language teaching materials
- Historical and contemporary photographs
- Papago/Tohono O’odham Runner Archive